May issue

May issue
May issue

Monday 8 September 2014

Food for thought!

Dear Dogs Today 

My German Shepherd has a pancreas problem, she takes panzym medication. I have been feeding her Burns chicken and brown rice but have just bought her new Oscar dog food complete dry food. 

It is hard to say which food is best as each day her motions range from fairly solid to loose, and in fact, they can change within hours. My husband will feed her sausages and chicken slices as he doesn't think it's fair not to give her any meat, but I don't know whether I should carry on with the Burns food or swap to Oscar chicken and fish. 

Can anyone help?

Lynne, via email 

1 comment:

  1. Try a low carbohydrate food like Eden. this will reduce the workload of the pancreas which is currently having to work harder than normal to produce enough Amylase to digest the starch carbs

    ReplyDelete